PROGRAM/CIP CODE: ECED.DEV.AS / 19.0707
CREDITS REQUIRED: 65
DIVISION: Social and Behavioral Sciences and Public Services
In the KCKCC Early Childhood Education and Development program you will focus on birth to grade three, regular and special education including early intervention services and acquire a solid foundation of pre-professional skills. To ensure your success, you will get:
- Hands-on experience in our partner NAEYC accredited programs including Early Head Start and Head Start classrooms.
- A combination of traditional, online, and blended courses to fit your schedule
- Personalized academic advising to give you all the support you need
This program prepares you to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program in education. The Associate in Science in Liberal Arts Degree meets the Board of Regents Transfer and Articulation Agreement. A Student completing this program and transferring to a public university, therefore, “will be accepted as having satisfied the general education requirements of all Kansas public universities.”
Students seeking a degree that leads to employment should review Associate in Applied Science in Early Childhood Education or Certificate A and B. Students seeking to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program and to earn State of Kansas certification as a classroom teacher should review Associate in Science in Early Childhood Education and Development - Unified Early Childhood.
Requirements for Admission to the Program
- Reading and Writing scores of 250 on the Accuplacer tests.
- Contact program coordinator for program-specific advising.